Below you will find my six tips on how to relieve stress during the holidays. It seems as though stress during the holidays is inevitable with more expectations and obligations being through at us to have the "perfect holidays". We can find ourselves feeling burnt out and almost dreading the holiday season.
The to-do list is a mile long with friends and family you have to buy gifts for, family gatherings, parties, cards to mail out, gifts to wrap, decorations to buy and of course a tree, oh and don't forget all the food. The expenses just seem never-ending, which makes you want to curl up and hide until it's all over.
We've all felt this way at one point or another when you're so overwhelmed and your hearts just not in it for whatever reason, trust me you're not a Grinch, you just need some skills on how to relieve stress during the holidays. So without further ado, lets get to the first tip.
1) Don't spread yourself too thin- You know when you're trying to fit everything into your schedule, accepting invitations, staying late at work, you're going to find yourself exhausted and not having much fun at all. Know your limit, it's ok to say no so you can give your best self at the times that matter the most.
2) Ask for Help- We all need a helping hand from time to time, so don't be embarrassed to reach out to a good friend or family member to step in and give you a breather. Pick a task that you hate doing, or is very time consuming and assign that task to them, maybe you hate wrapping gifts, or mailing out cards let them know you would really appreciate their help, I'm sure they will be more than happy to give you a hand.
3) Plan Ahead- There's nothing worse than scrambling about at the last minute trying to throw things together. Get yourself organized and make to-do lists and even carry a planner with you and include all the parties, errands you have to coming up as well as shopping lists and check things off as you go. Doing this makes sure you give yourself enough time to prepare and you will feel calm and productive as a result.
4) Create a Budget- No one likes bills, especially when you know you could have avoided overspending by budgeting your money better. Create lists of food, gifts, decorations and miscellaneous expenses and what you can afford to pay for each category and stay within that amount, you'll be glad you did. Do the best you can with the money you have, you can find some really great deals if you look hard enough. The time you spend with family and friends and the memories you create is more important than how much money you have to spend. Check out our holiday gift guide for some gift giving inspiration.
5) Be Grateful- I know when I'm feeling down or stressed I know someone out there is way worse off than I am, if you have a roof over your head and food on the table and a family that loves you, you are very blessed and lucky, there is always something you can be grateful for, small things like a cup of coffee or eating your favorite meal. Being grateful will instantly raise your mood and give you a fresh perspective. It will give you a sense of what the holidays are all about, celebrating life and enjoying it with the people you love and care for.
6) Shop Online- Malls can be a huge source of stress during the holidays there is so much going on, it's so busy and hectic it's hard to think straight and of course the mile long lineups. Shopping online can completely eliminate all of that, you can stay at home with a cup of coffee in your hands, get comfy in your PJ's and shop online at all of your favorite stores. Most retailers have online stores these days, so there's really no need to go to the mall. Make sure to check shipping times to make sure you receive your gifts on time to avoid a belated gift (awkward) or maybe look into express shipping just to be safe. At Couture Bar we offer free shipping on orders over $65 across Canada and the USA. Shop our wrap bracelets collection here.
Hopefully this list of tips on how to relieve stress will resonate with you and gave you some ideas on how to enjoy the holiday season to the fullest.
Subscribe to our newsletter to be updated on new content and products and special offers
Happy Shopping!! xxoo
Let me know in the comments if this list helped you out, do you find yourself feeling stressed during the holidays?